We at Walter A Wood Supply are conscious of our social responsibilities with regards to helping the environment and every effort will be made to conserve resources throughout our operations.
Walter A Wood Supply will strive to not only meet existing environmental laws and regulation, but will endeavor to exceed the status quo and seek techniques and approaches that position us ahead of our competition. Our company growth depends, in part, on our ability to minimize or eliminate our impact to our surroundings.
Awareness and Commitment
Our policy towards the environment will be readily available and promoted on our website. We will endeavour to ensure staff and guests are familiar with and implement our environmental commitment and objectives.
- Walter A Wood's environmental policy will be available to view on our website.
- Walter A Wood's environmental policy will be present in our employee handbook.
- Walter A Wood's environmental policy will be displayed in our distribution centers.
Walter A Wood will strive to reduce the impact on the environment where ever possible with respect to the transportation and delivery of product.
- Seek and employ local products and services to reduce transport costs.
- Walter A Wood will avoid unnecessary travel, and will employ energy efficient driving styles.
- To eliminate unnecessary and inefficient use of Walter A Wood company-owned motor vehicles. Where ever possible car pooling will be implemented.
Energy & Water Consumption
Walter A Wood utilizes LED lighting and motion-activated lighting sensors throughout our distribution centers to minimize energy consumption.
- Walter A Wood will make every effort to use water efficiently and avoid pollutants entering the drainage system.
- Walter A Wood will use energy efficient products where ever practical, and monitor usage to achieve minimum energy consumption.
Waste Generation and Management
Walter A Wood will try to minimize the production of waste and pollution; including unnecessary packaging. Walter A Wood will implement measures to reduce the volume of waste generated and to increase the proportion of that waste which is recycled.
- Walter A Wood bales and recycles waste corrougate.
- Walter A Wood reuses shipping boxes whenever possible.
- Walter A Wood has changed to using LED bulbs over fluorescents which decreases the volume requiring landfill disposal.
Materials and Resources
Walter A Wood will try to minimize environmental impact with regard to sourcing materials and resources.
- Walter A Wood will try to use contractors who also share a commitment to the environment, and take into account lifetime costs of materials when repairing, altering or rebuilding premises.
Walter A Wood will maximize use of electronic communication and information storage as an alternative to paper, and take into account the environmental quality and impact.